Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Great Barrier Reef - God's great gift to this nation - has been made open season for developers & greedy money bags. Blasphemy!




I grew up in Bowen, married there, had my first child there.
When I married my husband, Joe Walsh,
my mother said I married half of Bowen - and I probably did.
So I lived beside the Great Barrier Reef at the top end
of the beautiful Whitsunday Islands.

It now appears that I live in a nation where vandals and visigoths
make impacting decisions with impunity.
We need the names of those who are allowing dangerous projects
which will impact on the reef.
We need thee names never to be forgotten.
When this sort of thing befalls our beloved Great Barrief Reef, 
we need to carve this names with disgust
on memorial boards along the communities of The Reef.

- Brigid Walsh aka Miss Eagle
~~~~~~~

If you were responsible for the future of one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, would you
  • allow new mega ports to be built alongside it, including the largest coal port in the world?

  • turn it into a shipping superhighway?

  • allow millions of tonnes of dredging and then dump the spoil on its doorstep?
No, neither would I, but I was shocked to hear this is exactly what our political leaders (Federal and Queensland) are doing to the Great Barrier Reef. 
Bloody Idiots, I reckon.
If you agree with me, please share this message - for we shall surely have a long fight to stop this madness. And so we will need all the good and sensible people to join us in this fight.


I've just joined the Fight for the Reef... will you?
The rapid increase in developments planned in and around the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area means the future of the Reef is in danger.

There are a whole bunch of projects in the pipeline and if we don't do something about it now, our Reef and the lifestyle we love could be changed forever.

Will you join the fight today? Go to http://fightforthereef.org.au

Denis Wilson
"All conservation monitoring programs should contain well-defined trigger points for pre-planned action". Otherwise the "recovery plans for threatened species" are meaningless.

"The Nature of Robertson"
www.peonyden.blogspot.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not take Anonymous comments. Experience shows that comments cluttered with "Anonymous" are boring and people don't know whether "Anonymous" is one person or many. This is not a decision about freedom of speech. It is a decision about boring or unwillingness to be known by even a pseudonym.

Total Pageviews