Wednesday 15 December 2010

Platform Artists Group celebrates twenty years: Degraves Street Subway even older #artandartists #melbourne #makesyathink

Click to enlarge all photos.

for informing me about the 20th Anniversary
of the
The Plat form in question is the Degraves Street subway
which is accessed at one end from Flinders Street Station
and from the other at the Belgian Waffle shop end of Degraves Street.
I don't see every exhibition -
but I stop by quite a few and have photographed quite a number
and here are a few of my photos.

I am sorry that I don't know the names of all the artists -
except I can say with certainty that the one above
with the Eureka flag done in Aboriginal colours
is done by Van Rudd.
I always find Van's work intriguing.


The work displayed usually, but not always, makes a statement.


So it is good not to rush things.


It is good to look, to think, to try and connect with the mind of the artist.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not take Anonymous comments. Experience shows that comments cluttered with "Anonymous" are boring and people don't know whether "Anonymous" is one person or many. This is not a decision about freedom of speech. It is a decision about boring or unwillingness to be known by even a pseudonym.

Total Pageviews