Monday 2 August 2010

THE DINGOES BACK ON TRACK : MISS EAGLE CUDDLES A DINGO

The Dingoes are back on track with their Tracks tour doing the rounds this month.  Check here for dates of their gigs.  However, for the Saturday gig on 7 August, please do some double checking.  Dingoes are listed for Meeninyan but a woman called ABC Radio 774 and told Red Symons this morning that a sign was seen in Ruby's at Belgrave last night that The Dingoes will be there.  Ruby's site doesn't say.  Last minute change of plans???  Better check before deciding or traipsing all the way to Meeninyan to find Belgrave would have been the better choice.
Miss Eagle 
snuggling with Barrowless Boy
- one beautiful domesticated dingo

Miss Eagle - and a few others - were over at Eltham on Saturday for a snap demo against the Northern Territory Intervention and Jenny Macklin who we had been told would be campaigning in Eltham Square

Enjoying relaxed refreshment in Eltham Square
was Julie Fechner of Dingo Care Network
with Barrowless and Shiralee.
I had heard about these people and their dingoes over at Eltham and the controversies surrounding Australia's own native dog so I got into conversation with Julie.  I asked if I could take Julie's photograph and she agreed.  She then insisted that she take one of me.  I was most reluctant since the dog didn't know me.  I was a stranger.  But that was no problem as you can see.  Beautiful, beautiful animals.  And as you can see, Julie and friends do a lot of work to restore confidence in the the beauty and value of the dingo.  

Related reading and listening:
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brigid
    Wonderful looking Dingo, but it really looks a touch "over-domesticated" (i.e., too well fed for a proper looking Dingo.
    Shame you didn't catch up with Jenny Macklin, and give her the benefit of your NT experience and views on the Intervention.
    Just as well for her, I suspect.
    Cheers
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denis, I haven't done the post on the snap demo on Saturday yesterday. I did catch up with Macklin and it was neither memorable nor edifying. In fact, I felt like I might have been in Joe Stalin's Russia. Will blog with pics soon. Just I have been doing a bit here, another bit at The Trad Pad, another bit over at The Desert. If I had a decent recipe and been doing some decent cooking I might have even got to Oz Tucker. As for the well fed dingo - I guess that is just the point. If we all lived out on the desert fringes hemmed in from extensive roaming by a huge fence, we would be a bit on the skinny side. But we overweight surburbanites think we are pretty true to our species - even if we are more of a subspecies i.e. homo sapiens suburbaniensis!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not take Anonymous comments. Experience shows that comments cluttered with "Anonymous" are boring and people don't know whether "Anonymous" is one person or many. This is not a decision about freedom of speech. It is a decision about boring or unwillingness to be known by even a pseudonym.

Total Pageviews